Results from Round 4 of the Munster Cyclocross League (Sunday 30th Oct 2022)
Results from the Round 4 of the Munster CX League hosted by Over the Hill C.C. at Ballindenisk Equestrian Centre on Sunday 30th October 2022 are as follows:
Under 14 Girls: Under 14 Girls Race Round 4 Munster CX Results
Under 14 Boys: Under 14 Boys Race Round 4 Munster CX Results
Under 16 Girls: Under 16 Girls Race Round 4 Munster CX Results
Under 16 Boys: Under 16 Boys Race Round 4 Munster CX Results
Men’s B-Race: Men’s B Race Round 4 Munster CX Results
Mens A-Race including Juniors: Men’s A Race Round 4 Munster CX (Incl. Juniors) Results
Thanks to John Kennedy (“The Race Timing Guy”) for providing the results.
Club Events 2022
The current set of Club events planned for 2022 is as follows (subject to change and COVID restrictions) :
- Saturday and Sunday Weekly spins departing from Watergrasshill National School (Departure points may vary over winter months due to road conditions)
- Saturday Cycles range from 80K-150K and depart 08:00, 08:30 or 09:00. Routes and departure times are typically published on the Club Website one day in advance.
- Sunday Cycles range from 35K-70K and depart at 09:00. Routes are typically published on the Club Website one day in advance. The cycles are supervised by Road Captains and include a Coffee Stop. New Members are very welcome on the Sunday Cycles and can take part in up to three introductory cycles with no obligation before deciding to join. Just let us know in advance if you would like to take part via the Contact us Form
- Early Season Virtual Turbo Training via Zwift on Tuesdays (Feb-Apr) and on Thursdays (Feb-Mar) between 19:30-20:30. There will be an option for those who are not on Zwift to join via Zoom.
- Club Tour of Galtees on Saturday 19th March (Starting and Finishing in Mitchelstown, 84K with 660m of climbing)
- Cliffs of Moher Sportive on Saturday 9th April (Ennistymon, 125K / 1600m climbing with shorter options available)
- Wednesday Evening Club spins (13th April to 31st August) departing 19:00 from Watergrasshill National School
- Club Tour of the Beara Peninsula on Saturday 14th May (Starting from Glengarriff, Final Date, 118K with 1600m climbing, option for 90K route too)
- Summer Time Trial series is being run over Ten weeks (Monday 9th May – Saturday 16th July) which is open to members of five clubs (including Over The Hill CC)
Each club has defined two routes and the routes are open for one week.
In order to take part in this series the following are required:
- Limited Competition (LC) Licence (or above). You can upgrade a Leisure Licence to an LC licence on the CI portal.
- Registration at https://eventmaster.ie/
- A 20 Euro entry fee covers all events
- Upload your cycle to Strava upon completion
- Club Day Trip on Sunday 12th June departing 09:00 from Down Syndrome Cork Field of Dreams, Clash Road Ballinora in Aid of Down Syndrome Ireland. Tickets cost 30 Euro. Registration at: Field of Dreams Registration 12th June 2022 Route Details are available at: 100K Route and 65K Route
- Club Day Trip on Saturday 20th August starting from Dungarvan. The proposed longest route (subject to change) will be approx 130K with 1950m climbing. A shorter / easier route of 60K-80K will be available too.
- Club BBQ on Saturday 3rd September from 5pm in The Fir Tree Watergrasshill.
Sunday 25th September = Cork ARC House Fundraiser
The club cycle on Sunday 25th Sep will support the fundraising for Cork ARC Cancer Support House
Club Sponsor Version 1 are paying for the event’s expenses, so all monies raised will go directly to ARC House Cork. There are two routes, 40K and 80K, both starting and finishing at Éire Óg GAA Club in Ovens, Cork (P31 F861). Meeting from 08:00, cycling from 09:00. Registration for cyclists costs 45 Euro
Registration and additional details are available at: Version 1 Cork ARC Cancer Support House Fundraiser
- Memorial Cycle on Sunday 9th Oct 2022
- Club end of season event Saturday 15th October from Killarney
Late Season Zwift based Turbo Training 19:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays from 20th September onwards with option to join via Zoom
Munster Cyclocross (CX) Season (Sept to Dec).
- OTH CC hosted Round 4 of the 2022 Munster CX League at Ballindenisk House on Sunday 30th Oct 2022
- See Results above.
- On-Line Entry via Eventmaster closed Friday 28th Oct 2022 Munster CX Round 4 Entry
- Race Schedule is as follows:
09:30 = U6 Fun Race
09:35 = U8 Races (Boys and Girls)
09:50 = U10 Races (Boys and Girls)
10:10 = U12 Race (Boys and Girls)
10:35 = U16 Boys
10:36 = U14 Boys
10:37 = U16 and U14 Races (Girls)
11:30 = Senior Women & Junior Women
11:32 = Men’s B-Race (Newcomer Juniors can take part in this race)
13:00 = Men’s A-Race (incl. Juniors)
Note: The U16 races will be run from 10:35.
Directions to the venue are available at Ballindenisk_Map.pdf
- Winter Gear Fitting Evening 7-8pm, Thursday 10th November, 2022 First Fruits Arts Centre, Watergrasshill
- Club AGM on Friday 25th November starting at 8pm in Watergrasshill (First Fruits Arts Centre)
- Marymount Christmas Cracker Cycle on Saturday 3rd December from Marymount Hospice Curraheen Cork T12 A710, On-Line entry only, See: Christmas Cracker Cycle 2022
- Saturday 10th December: Spinathon Fundraiser for Cork Penny Dinners, Ross’ Centra Watergrasshill, 8am – 8pm.
Details on any events planned for 2023 will be added on this Page during the early part of 2023
Results from Round 5 of the Munster Cyclocross League (Sunday 19th Dec 2021)
Results from the Round 5 of the Munster CX League hosted by Over the Hill C.C. at Ballindenisk Equestrian Centre on Sunday 19th December 2021 are as follows:
Men’s B-Race: B Race Overall Results Round 5_2021pdf
Men’s A-Race: A Race Overall Results Round 5_2021
Podium: A summary of the Podium placings across all the races above and additional age categories (such as M40 etc): OTH CX Podium Results 19th December 2021
Further details at: http://www.munstercx.com/
Thanks to all the Athletes who provided memorable racing, John Kennedy (“The Timing Guy”) for accurate timing and prompt results, Ballindenisk for the use of their facilities and to all who marshalled and supported the event. Additional Photos are available at Michael Buckley Photography and Sportsphoto Ireland (Sean Rowe)
Club Events 2021
The set of Club events and timetable for these events in the 2021 season was revised due to restrictions that were in place associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. The set of events held in 2021 is as follows:
- Virtual Turbo Training from Jan 2021 on Thursdays between 20:00-21:00
- Wednesday Evening Club spins (12th May to 1st Sep) departing 19:00 from Watergrasshill National School
- Saturday and Sunday Weekly spins departing 08:30 or 09:00 from Watergrasshill National School (from 15th May onwards)
- Saturday 17th July = 145K loop of the Reeks starting from Fossa.
- July 22-25 = Four day Memorial cycle to Kingscourt, Co. Cavan and back
- Aug 5-8 = Tour de Munster
- Saturday 4th September = Club BBQ (Outdoors)
- Munster Cyclocross CX Season (Sept to Dec)
- Club end of season event on Saturday 16th October in Clonakilty
- Friday 26th November = Club Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Arts Centre and virtually via Zoom
- Marymount Christmas Cracker Cycle on Saturday 4th Dec 2021. https://www.facebook.com/christmascrackercycle/
- Outdoor “Spinathon” in Ross’s Centra on Saturday 11th Dec 2021 in aid of Cork Penny Dinners.
- OTH CC hosting round Five of the Munster Cyclocross League http://www.munstercx.com/events/. This event was initially scheduled for Sunday 31st Oct 2021 but has now been rescheduled to Sunday 19th December 2021. On-Line entries only between 09:00 Friday 10th Dec and Midnight Friday 17th Dec at: https://eventmaster.ie/event/YbxRIrOFjv
The Race Schedule on Sunday 19th Dec at Ballindenisk Equestrian Centre is as follows:
|10:00||U6 Fun race|
Members of the cycling community are asked to continue to comply with COVID guidelines on physical exercise within their locality.
Club Events 2020
There were no significant club events held in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A highly significant achievement by club member Donncha Cuttriss was completed on 13th September 2020 when Donncha cycled from Mizen Head in County Cork to Malin Head in County Donegal in a time of 17 Hours 36 Minutes and 45 seconds to set the first ever recognised Place to Place record.*
* Cycling Ireland required the time to be under 19 hours in order for the record to be recognised.
A list of records record by Cycling Ireland is available at the following link:
Results and Photos from Munster Cyclocross Championships (Sunday 8th Dec 2019)
Results from the Munster CX Championships hosted by Over the Hill C.C. at Ballindenisk Equestrian Centre on Sunday 8th December 2019 are as follows:
A lighthearted review of this event can be found at: http://www.oldvelos.com/round-6-of-the-munster-cx-league-the-chairmans-spare-wheel-and-other-stories
Club Events 2019
The set of Club events held in 2019 is as follows:
- Turbo Training from Thursday Jan 10th 19:00-20:30 in the Arts Centre for 12 weeks
- Earthquake Challenge Team Time Trial in March
- Wednesday April 3rd = Start of Wednesday Evening Cycles which will run until the end of August
- Wednesday April 17th = Individual Time Trial on a looped course for 6 weeks initially, suitable for all levels.
- Monday night cycles for ladies in Kartworld starting 22nd April.
- Friday April 26th = Bantry Trip
- Sunday cycle 30K beginners group from the start of May (Sunday May 5th onwards) for 4 weeks.
- Friday 10th May General Meeting 20:00 in Arts Centre
- Saturday Morning May 11th = Pieta House Darkness into Light (Dunnes Stores Ballyvolane)
- Overseas Trip (Mallorca) from May 13th
- Hillfest Duathlon Saturday 1st June (Bank Holiday Weekend). Results are available at: https://public.tableau.com/profile/hillfest.duathlon#!/vizhome/HillfestDuathlonResults2019/ResultSummary
- Saturday 22nd June Ring of Kerry Club Cycle (170K) from Kenmare and Prologue from WGH to Kenmare (115K).
- Sunday 30th June Cork Bike Week Family Event in Moanbaun Woods in association with The Cork Sports Partnership.
- Saturday 24th August West Cork Cycling Club Peaks Challenge starting and finishing in Dunmanway Rugby Club. (145K and 90K), Sign-On from 08:00, roll out at 09:00.
- Club BBQ on Saturday 31st August in the grounds of The Hut Bar.
- Munster Cyclocross “CX” Season (Sept to Dec), see Munster CX League
- Saturday 23rd November Annual General Meeting (First Fruits Arts Centre from 20:00-21:30)
- Saturday 7th December Marymount Christmas Cracker Cycle at Marymount Hospice (Registration from 08:30)
- Sunday 8th December Munster Cyclocross Championships and Round 6 of the Munster CX League hosted by Over The Hill C.C. at Ballindenisk House. Results from the Munster CX Championships hosted by Over the Hill C.C. at Ballindenisk Equestrian Centre on Sunday 8th December 2019 are as follows:
- Men’s Under 16 = http://www.overthehillcc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Under-16-Overall-Sheet1.pdf
- Junior Men = http://www.overthehillcc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Junior-Overall-Results.pdf
- Ladies A-Race = http://www.overthehillcc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/A-Ladies-Final-Results.pdf
- Men’s B-Race = http://www.overthehillcc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/B-Race-Overall-Results.pdf
- Men’s A-Race = http://www.overthehillcc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/A-Race-Overall-Results.pdf
- A lighthearted review of the 2019 CX event can be found at: http://www.oldvelos.com/round-6-of-the-munster-cx-league-the-chairmans-spare-wheel-and-other-stories
- Saturday 21st December Spinathon in aid of Cork Penny Dinners (Centra Watergrasshill)
- Saturday 28th December Christmas Event Slow Bicycle Race.
Hillfest Duathlon (Saturday 1st June 2019 Bank Holiday Weekend).
Results are available at the following link:
Thanks to all those who took part in this event and to those who provided assistance in the running of the event. Special thanks to the members of Watergrasshill Athletics Club who co-hosted the event with Over The Hill Cycling Cub.
Photos from the event (courtesy of Michael Buckley Photography) are available at: https://www.facebook.com/bmikeyphoto/
Run Course details are available at:
Bike Course details are available at:
Hillcross Cyclocross Results and Photos (Sunday 16th Dec 2018)
The “Hillcross” race results from Sunday 16th December 2018 can be found at the following links in PDF format:
Photographs from the Hillcross event are available at the following links / albums (Thanks to Belinda Sullivan and Michael Buckley Photography):
Some overhead video footage of the Cyclocross events is available at the following links:
Club Events 2018
The set of Club events held in 2018 is as follows:
- Turbo Training from Thursday Jan 4th 1900-2030 in the Arts Centre for 10 weeks
- Midleton 200 Audax on Saturday March 10th 2018.
- Earthquake Challenge Team Time Trial on March 11th 2018
- Tuesday April 3rd = Training for Malin to Mizen (M2M) formally commences.
- Wednesday April 4th = Start of Wednesday Evening Cycles which will run until the end of August
- Wednesday April 11th = Predict Your Time (PYT) for 6 weeks initially; now extended until July 11th on a 24K course (starts 19:15)
- Friday April 13th: General Club Meeting
- Tuesday May 8th = Individual Time Trial (20K) in conjunction with Blackwater Triathlon Club
- Saturday May 12th = Stewarding for “Darkness into Light” (Pieta House) at Ballyvolane
- Saturday May 26th = First Aid Training 1200-1800 in the Arts Centre.
- Thursday May 31st new until 12th July, club evening cycles (depart WGH at 19:00). These are in addition to the Wednesday PYT cycles during this timeframe.
- Saturday June 2nd “Hillfest” Duathlon in conjunction with Watergrasshill A.C. and Watergrasshill Community Association.
Hillfest 2018 Duathlon Results from Saturday June 2nd are available at the following link: https://public.tableau.com/profile/hillfest.duathlon#!/vizhome/HillfestDuathlonResults2018/2018Results
Special thanks to John Kennedy for the race timing (see results above) and to John O’Regan for creating a great atmosphere around the Start / Finish and Transition area. Additional thanks to Ger Crowley for piloting the lead motorbike.
Photos of the event (special thanks to Belinda Sullivan) are available at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2254955464731922.1073741862.1938915673002571&type=3
- Saturday June 2nd to Saturday June 23rd: Trans America Solo Unsupported Race featuring Club member Donncha Cuttriss
- Saturday June 16th. Club Time Trial and Group Cycle for Ring of Kerry to be incorporated into the M2M training plan.
This will feature two teams of six and also a club spin. It is proposed to start in Kenmare to avoid tiredness coming down Moll’s gap.
Estimated 7.5 hours cycling for the group cycle, approx. 5 hours for TTT groups.
- Wednesday July 25-Sunday July 29 = Malin to Mizen Event
Please note this event runs for five days from the morning of Wednesday July 25 to the evening of Sunday July 29
If you wish to be added to the waiting list please advise Donal or Brian.
- Saturday August 11th = Club BBQ in O’Mahony’s Watergrasshill.
- Saturday August 25th onwards Four Person Team representing OTH CC in the Race Around Ireland plus one entrant in the solo race.
- Saturday 8th September = The Rebel Tour
The club are investigating the option of a group entry into the Rebel tour.
- Thursday September 13th : Club General Meeting.
- Sunday September 16th Munster Cyclocross season / league commences. More details at: http://www.munstercx.com/events/
- Saturday October 20th : Club end of season event.
Dungarvan is the venue and the event featured different routes to 2017.
- Tuesdays during November 2018: Interval Training at Kartworld Track from 19:45-20:45
- Saturday December 1st: Christmas Cracker Cycle in aid of Marymount
- Saturday December 8th: Spinathon in aid of Cork Penny Dinners: Cork Penny Dinners Presentation
- Monday December 10th: Re-scheduled Club Annual General Meeting 20:00 in First Fruits Arts Centre
- Sunday December 16th: OTH CC hosting Munster Level Cyclocross Race. Online entry for participants via Cycling Ireland is now closed.
Additional Details: OTH CX Poster V2
- Saturday December 22nd: Christmas Cycle with Lee Roadies
- Saturday December 29th: Slow Bicycle Race / Christmas Event
Sportives / Leisure Events in 2018
For club members interested in taking part in Sportives a listing of Sportives per Month is available at the following link which is possibly the most user friendly, but may not list all sportives e.g. the Jagged Edge is not listed
Additional listings of leisure events are available at:
Previous Events (2017 and before)
OTH CC were involved in organisation of the following Duathlon event held on Saturday June 3rd 2017 in conjunction with Watergrasshill Community Association and Watergrasshill Athletics Club.
In 2017 the club members have participated in:
- Slow Bicycle “Race” during the Christmas season.
- Cyclocross Racing in the Munster Area
- Turbo Training from January to March
- The Earthquake Team Time Trial Challenge (EQ17)
- Various A4 Races in the Cork / Kerry / Limerick area
- Predict Your Time on Wednesday Evenings in April and May
- Other Wednesday evening club spins from May to September
- Weekend Away in Glengarriff (see following link for Photos): https://www.facebook.com/pg/OverTheHillCyclingClub/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1434278793284336
- Saturday and Sunday Club Spins throughout the Year.
- “Beast of Bottlehill” Time Trial
- Various Sportives in Munster e.g. Sean Kelly 100Km, 160Km; West Cork Sportive
- The Rebel Tour on Saturday Sept 9th
- End of Season event in Dungarvan on Saturday Oct 14th
- Club AGM on Friday Nov 24th in the First Fruits Arts Centre
- Christmas Cracker Cycle in aid of Marymount on Saturday Dec 2nd
- Christmas Cycle with The Lee Roadies on Saturday Dec 16th
- Fund Raising “Spinathon” on Dec 16th in conjunction with Ross’s Centra Watergrasshill in aid of “Cork Penny Dinners”
- Slow Bicycle “Race” and End of Year Event on Saturday Dec 30th 2017 in the Community Hall.
The Club Facebook Page gives an overview and record of club activities: https://www.facebook.com/OverTheHillCyclingClub
Previous Notable events that club members have completed include:
- Race Around Ireland Four Person Team in 2016
- Race the Rás (2016)
- Race Around Ireland Four Person Team in 2015 (Winners)
- Ring of Kerry Team Time Trial in 2015
- Trans-America 2015 Solo Unsupported (Donncha Cuttriss)
- Race Around Ireland Two Person Team in 2014
- Race Around Ireland Solo entrants (various years)
- Race Across America in 2014 (Team of Four)
- Mizen to Malin ” non-stop” in 23 hours in June 2014
- Race Around Ireland Team Events (2012, 2013)
- Mizen to Malin in 2011
- Multiple Sportives such as Wicklow 200, Rebel Tour, Sean Kelly, Tour de Cure
- IronMan 70.3 and 140.6 Triathlon Events
Many of the events above have been combined with sponsorship efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Ireland and Pieta House.
Links to accounts of some of the events above are as follows:
Race Around Ireland 2013: http://www.overthehillcc.com/rai2013.html
Race Around Ireland 2012: http://www.overthehillcc.com/rai2012.html
Mizen to Malin 2011: http://www.overthehillcc.com/m2m2011.html
Further updates will be made to this page as events are planned or completed.